Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Group planting:Ficus

Go down 
+3
Inaam
amanHussain
pak bonsai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

Group planting:Ficus  Empty
PostSubject: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 am

Salam.
its my second attempt to have group planting.My first planting was ruined by cats and all plants died and couldnt recover.i used china berry (Dhraik).
this time i have used the ficus.its called black Ficus here by locals i am bad at Latin names so sorry for it.
before planting the plants in group i have trained them separately only for a season, plants are cuttings which i grew about three years ago.

Group planting:Ficus  IMAG0025

Group planting:Ficus  IMAG0028

suggestions are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Looks very nice.... I think you got all your trees placed in the right composition and in the right angles. It would look even more natural when you bring the 3-tree group on the right a little closer to each other.

There is really no need to wire the trees now, let them grow a little and once you have a basic branch structure, then think of shaping them by wiring. Don't forget to prune them either.

I really like your pot. Shallow, long, and dark really brings out the trees.

- Aman
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 pm

thanks aman for appreciations.will bring close the trees in next re-potting.
and pot pirat
its not bonsai pot,you know they are rarely available here.i have used the drinks serving tray.have made 6 holes in it.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Just curious... where do you guys get bonsai pots from?

When I was in Pakistan, my bonsai mentor used to import pots from Southeast Asia (Philipines, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.). He also had some Chinese pots.

It was easier for him because he worked in PIA, and had the money to spend. However, I am really curious as to how/where a normal enthusiast would find a bonsai pot from. I knew another person in Pakistan who used to make pots from cement and sometimes plaster-of-paris.

Maybe in the future when bonsai catches on in Pakistan, someone can commission a potter or two to start replicating Japanese and Chinese quality pots. Ofcourse, he would need proper equipment like a kiln to heat the pots and bring out the glaze.

- AH
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:18 am

Aman i have not seen any pot here personally.people need to import from it abroad, like china.
i also have made some pots with cement and paper they are good for training but you cant present your finished bonsai in it due to less finishing and quality. usually i do use bowls, trays, and saucers.
i talked to local clay potter but he did refused to make them because there are no buyers.
hopefully one day we will have good kilns here for Bonsai,but it will take time.
regards
Back to top Go down
Inaam

Inaam

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 pm

there is just one "twin trunk" which is confusing me..
Back to top Go down
farooq
seedling bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:40 pm

No twin trunk. Second photo has been taken from a different angle.
Back to top Go down
amjad

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Very nice

and

Very beautifull
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Good job Amjad. btw guys i been working on making glazed bonsai pots, so wish me luck Smile
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Good Luck... remember to post pictures of your pots.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Salam Salman,

If you are going to be the aspiring upcoming bonsai potter in Pakistan, then make sure to get some inspiration from the below links:

http://japanesebonsaipots.net
http://www.bonsaipots.net

- Aman
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 am

Ws & thanks again Aman Smile
i can make ceramic pots of good quality, all i need is to have some initial capital to start work with as i need molds for every pot and every mold require 8000 to 10,000 RS.
it may take like 2 or 3 months probably, i will post pictures as soon as i get pots ready!
hey can u help me with a standard size pots for 3 basic shapes rectangle, oval & round. people i need feedback as soon as possible so i can start work with molds!!!!

Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm

You can get the pot dimensions from the links I provided earlier as well as the below links. Below links will give you some more technical information (especially the first two links).

http://www.langbonsai.com/tech.htm
http://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t345-wood-fired-pots
http://www.redwing.net/~daalms/

KH, Aman.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Best wishes for pots. Its also an art.
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 am

thanks pak bonsai and aman....i will update you about any progress if ever made. :p
Back to top Go down
MathewHoggard

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks for so much interesting information that people like and I also...!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group planting:Ficus    Group planting:Ficus  Empty

Back to top Go down

Group planting:Ficus
Page 1 of 1