Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jambolan bonsai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 pm

I am growing Jambolan bonsai from seeds now my bonsai are 10 inch long. How can I know that its time to add compost in my bonsai? And how?
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 am

iskhan nice work.i think you will find difficulties to train as bonsai.when we culture it sometime its start dying back from that branch.
if i am right your tree is less then an year old,so please let it grow for couple of years before you start to train it as bonsai.these are my suggestions.
is it in pot or in ground?
regarding soil use a well drained bonsai soil for it.it do well in the rather dry and well drain soil.
good luck.
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Initially I know nothing but for your forum I learn
1)how to make compost and I make it.
2)how to make soil for bonsai and I make it.
3)how to make pot for bonsai and I make it.
Then I germinate Jambolan seeds in the bonsai pot now the plant size is approx. 10inch height.
PROBLEM
Problem is last time I grow 10 seeds in ordinary pot with ordinary soil of gardening but all of them grow 10inch successfully but then they turn black from root to top and die Why?
Now I am growing again in bonsai pot and soil and it become 10inch long and I am afraid what to do if same thing appear again.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:34 pm

dont worry iskhan,its learning process,you may find some difficulties though but fruite will be better.
i think your plants died due to over watering.jamuns like well drain soils.
making bonsai from the seed or germination is very slow process,please plant them in big ordinary gardening pots or in grounds,when they got good stems/trunks then convert them in bonsai training pot.please not training pots are not the simple bonsai pots,they are usually big in size incomparable to regular bonsai pots.please see the few sample training pots.
http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/pots-slabs-pottery/grow-boxes-and-training-pots/ (source knowledge of bonsai )

after training them 2 or more years in the training pot,plant them in the regular bonsai pot of your choice.
its lengthy but proper way to make and train a Bonsai.
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 pm

[img]Jambolan bonsai Jamun12[/img]
Now my Jambolan Bonsai is 1 year old and try to some thing like above image. The only jambolan bonsai I found.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 pm

That's a 1 year old tree? Wow... Jambolan grows fast. Pruning must be a pain because you would have to do it very frequently.

The tree looks very nice. You have a good slant style in the making. Leaf size maybe an issue, but other than that this tree has a promising future.

- AH
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes Jambolan grows fast but not too fast as you think. And this not my bonsai as I mentioned the only Jambolan bonsai I found or saw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jambolan bonsai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jambolan bonsai   Jambolan bonsai Empty

Back to top Go down

Jambolan bonsai
Page 1 of 1