Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Empty
PostSubject: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Just to share with you, here are few pics of one of my Bougainvillea specimen in a training pot. It will be planted in a tall pot soon.
The specimen is about 10 years old, and is in training for the last 2 years.

Regards,
Shaukat

[img]Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Img_0213[/img]

[img]Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Img_0214[/img]

[img]Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Img_0216[/img]
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:02 pm

shaukat its very nice style, have you trained it indoor ? or just put it in to have some pics ?
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks Majed, for your appreciation.
You are right, it was brought indoors to take pics only. Bougies always do well under full sun.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 pm

I love it... which side is your front? To me the second picture looks like a good front. You should probably start pinching/pruning to start some good branching down the main trunk. And definitely shorten the length of the cascade... unless you get a thick trunk.

This is my vision of your future tree.
Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Bougie10
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Majed,

you are right on the 'front' selection, and this is the front I want too. However this specimen had passed through many recent 'turmoils'. After the leaves had fallen in mid-Dec, the crows (or maybe some other birds) took it for a dead branch for building their nest.

So much so, that they pinched and poked the branch by bruising the outer skin/bark and I had to rescue it from further disaster. Luckily I had to repot it and put it in a safer place. The stem is still bare..... and by early Feb or so, I would get the foliage.

Once I have the desired foliage/branches, I could think of further styling. Your 'virtual image' suggestion is very nice. Let's wait till there are enough leaves.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:55 am

Shaukat any update on classical beauty ?
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Majed,

The plant had gone through some turmoil..... I had planted it on a new pot.... then it fell from the rack, and in turn the lower part of the branch got broken.

But unfortunately, the new shoots at the budding stage were nipped off at night by some insect. I am yet to find out why repeatedly this is happening. Only 3 days back, I was happy to see new leave shoots again.... but today these were nipped off again!

I'll post few pics, once the leaves stay for good.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:54 am

same thing was happening with me,whenever new buds shoot ,were nipped by unseen creatures. finally i caught that ''creature'' red handed.guess who ? my two years old nephew Very Happy
we have joint family system and have 12 children in home,they damage my plants more than any insect or squirl. they play football cricket and ride bicycles, result in damages to my plants every second day Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Ah the kids.... They are adorable, joyful, and so on... that is why I have benches 3.5 feet and 4 feet above the ground where I keep my trees.

However, you really cannot do much about insects and birds. Insecticides may keep the insects away.

- AH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat   Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat Empty

Back to top Go down

Bougainvillea cascade: Shaukat
Page 1 of 1