Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

please introduce yourself.

Go down 
+13
amanHussain
Muhammad Ajmal
noortalpur
Khaimraj
salman
Asim
Habib
Inaam
Shaukat
nmafzal
farooq
rashid
pak bonsai
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
salman

please introduce yourself. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 am

salman

Desert Rose -Adenium obesum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Information: The Desert Rose is a native of East Africa. It will grow from 6 1/2 to 10 feet in the wild. It has fleshy leaves and beautiful 2-inch pink open-trumpet shaped flowers. It is a succulent, and forms more of a bush than a tree. It will be an indoor bonsai in all but the warmest climates.

Lighting: Needs lots of light and fresh air. Keep in a bright location in winter. In summer, if possible, move outdoors to a sunny or partly shaded location.

Temperature: Growing temperature should not be below 54 degrees. However, in the winter, keeping it cool (between 54-61 degrees) whch gives the plant a needed rest.

Watering: Needs little water during winter, especially when kept cool. Increase water during growing and blooming periods. The total watering needed is similar to crassula, portulacaria and other succulents, and it will lose leaves if overwatered.

Feeding: Monthly during spring and summer with liquid bonsai fertilizer. Fish emulsion is also reported to work well.

Pruning and wiring: Style primarily by clip and grow. Do heavy pruning after the plant's rest period. However, it bleeds profusely, so heavy pruning should be kept to a minimum. New shoots can be pruned regularly. The sap is poisonous, so clean hands after pruning, and avoid getting sap into open wounds.

Propagation: Similar to jade trees - cuttings need to be dried for 3-4 days before planting in a sand-peat mix.

Repotting: Root prune and repot every two years, after the winter rest period, in a mix of 2 parts bonsai soil, 2 parts peat, and one part sand. Can tolerate being pot-bound.

Bibliography:
"Bonsai in Your Home" by Paul Lesniewicz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compiled by Sabrina Cai

Return to: Index by Botanical Name or Index by Common Name
Back to top Go down
salman

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 am

salman
desert rose bonsai

[img]please introduce yourself. - Page 2 Desert11[/img]
Back to top Go down
salman

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am

saiman
ginseng ficus how we can make it.

[img]please introduce yourself. - Page 2 Banyan10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Asim

Asim

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 am

Beautifull Salman thanks for the nice information.
Back to top Go down
Khaimraj

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:08 am

Hello I am Khaimraj, from the Caribbean [ West Indies ]
I enjoy Bonsai, and use Lingnan [ Grow and Clip ] for fast growing trees.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Khaimraj a very warm welcome to Pak Bonsai.
i have seen your trees online ,you are very good at Bonsai.please feel comfort here and share your experience with us,specially on basics of bonsai.
welcome to Pak Bonsai
Back to top Go down
noortalpur

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 am

Hello,

I will be brief about myself. I have not bought a Bonsai plant but I got really interested after seeing the exhibition at ZamZama Park. I am 26 from Karachi and unemployed at the moment. I would like to advise from others on where can I buy a Bonsai plant which would not be too delicate. I love the one pak bonsai has in his profile pic.

Sincerely,
Noor
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 am

noor welcome to pak bonsai.
Bonsai are if available that are in your city or some in lahore,never saw them any where else.usually they are not available for sale in nurseries,and only arrive in exhibitions.
try to make your own Bonsai, in this way you will learn this hobby/art.
Back to top Go down
Muhammad Ajmal

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 pm

My name is Muhammad Ajmal
I am doctor by profession
I live in Rawalpindi
Back to top Go down
Muhammad Ajmal

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:56 pm

I am looking for ceramic bonsai pots.Wonder if someone can tell me from where to get these in pakistan
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 am

Muhammad Ajmal wrote:
I am looking for ceramic bonsai pots.Wonder if someone can tell me from where to get these in pakistan
Dr Muhammad Ajmal Sb Welcome to Pak Bonsai.Since Bonsai is still not a famous hobby in pakistan so there are very less chance of bonsai pots here.You can try to get them from China or ask any local clay man for help.I am using clay pots instead of ceramics. and if you want training pot a plastic pot will also serve the duty.
i am also trying to find a local clay man who can be a Bonsai pot artist,but no success till now.
by the way , please share your plants pics with us.
Welcome.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Salam everyone,

I am a nature loving person, and maybe that is what attributes to my love of bonsai. I was first introduced to bonsai by Mr. Mazhar from PIA. I first saw an add in DAWN where he was reaching out to bonsai enthusiasts. Out of curiousity, I went to his house in Khi and saw that his front/back/side yards were overflowing with bonsai in every stage.

I was impressed by the quality of his mature trees (especially Ficus), and that really got me going. Next year, I came to the US to complete my college and as fate has it, I got a job, got married, have kids, and settled in Chicago.

For around 3 years I was messing around with seedlings, cuttings and getting no where close to a mature specimen. I had around 50+ plants. Then I decided to focus more on quality and less on quantity, so I decided to get rid of most of my plants and focus on 10 potential subjects.

Now it has been 3-4 years I have been seriously following bonsai with 10 trees in my collection. Some are larger specimen, some are chuhin and some are shohin sized.

It will be great to see if Mr. Mazhar is in this forum.

- AH
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:20 am

Aman welcome to pak bonsai.
nice to know about your interest in Bonsai.my suggestion will not to spare the your trees,keep them with you one day they will also form a good bonsai.
i think Mr mazhar is not here,if he is from karachi he must be the member of Pakistan Bonsai Society.
waiting for some pics of your plants, expert opinions and experiences about Bonsai.
hope you will enjoy here
WelCome to Pak Bonsai
Back to top Go down
siliconhead

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 pm

AoA

My name is Assad and i am in karachi these days. It is great to know about this forum and I hope we can exchange ideas and help each other in pursuing our hobbies of bonsai. I am a Business and Management Consultant by profession and have been in horticulture (floriculture) and landscaping for some time but have become a great enthusiast of bonsai in the last 2 years.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Asad , A warm welcome to Pak Bonsai, We feel honor to have dedicated and experienced Plant lovers here, no doubt You have to be a good admirer of Plants before a Bonsai lover/artist. please feel free to share your experience here and dont forget to post your Bonsai pics.
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 pm

AOA everyone
my name is salman, im a businessman and i belong to gujranwala, its been a year now since i fell in love with art of making a bonsai & Still working on it to get atleast one good bonsai of my own. :p
Back to top Go down
muhammad wasim shahzad

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 pm

AOA...

I am very new to bonsai .... even I don't have one yet :-) .... but I am searching basics ........
May be I will make my first Bonsa right after this EID inshallah .................

I joined this forum to have guidance/ advices and tips from seniors in this hobby .........

Nice to Meet all of You nice ppl out there :-)
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:56 pm

M Wasim , welcome to Pak Bonsai.have a pleasant time here.
Back to top Go down
Tonybonsai202

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 2:01 am

Charles And I've been trying to grow bonsai's for several years until recently I've gotten serious about the art. Where I work I have access to excellent material that has great potential I've joined this site in others to get help from my fellow bonsai artist and seasoned pros.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please introduce yourself.   please introduce yourself. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pak Bonsai Forum. :: New to Pak Bonsai :: introductions-
Jump to: