Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shohin Crabapple in development

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amanHussain
amanHussain

Shohin Crabapple in development Empty
PostSubject: Shohin Crabapple in development   Shohin Crabapple in development EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:34 am

Here is a little Crabapple I found growing close to work among other weeds. It has nice taper, some nebari and some movement. I think it will make a decent shohin some day.

Fall 2010:

Shohin Crabapple in development Crabap10

The sacrifice branch will help thicken the trunk above the chop, and the foliage on the left will develop into rest of the tree. I have buried the base and the nebari in the soil.
Spring 2011:

Shohin Crabapple in development Crabap11

I will let it develop for another 3 to 5 years before it even sees a bonsai pot.

- Aman
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Shohin Crabapple in development   Shohin Crabapple in development EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 am

good to see a nice tree.i liked your sacrifice branch idea.what soil you are using ?
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Shohin Crabapple in development   Shohin Crabapple in development EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm

The green stuff on the soil is fertilizer, and the soil is Turface. Turface is calcined clay (or baked clay) particles that is inorganic in nature. It drains very well, and is light in weight. Root growth is excellent in this material.

- Aman
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: Shohin Crabapple in development   Shohin Crabapple in development EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Here is an update on the Crabapple. The sacrifice will grow through this year, and depending on how well it thickens, it may grow next year.

Shohin Crabapple in development Crabap12

- AH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shohin Crabapple in development   Shohin Crabapple in development Empty

Back to top Go down

Shohin Crabapple in development
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pak Bonsai Forum. :: Pak Bonsai forum :: Progression-
Jump to: