Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

"Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like this article
YES
100%
 100% [ 3 ]
NO
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Salam,
often our members finds difficult to have bonsai pots in Pakistan.
but there is very cheap and easy method available to make your own bonsai pots.they are cheap,simple and easy to made.
please check it.

http://bonsai4me.com/AdvTech/ATPaperBonsaiPots.html

an article on
www.bonsai4me.com
regards
Pak Bonsai
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Fri May 21, 2010 11:00 am

Very Good man.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Sat May 22, 2010 9:06 am

i have made some pots with this technique,they are very good.
but i have not painted it.
can any body help which paint will be the best for it.
Back to top Go down
autumn

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 pm

very good pak bonsai that you have made pots. For paint if you add fabric paint or podwer colours few drops in your mixture your pots would be colourfull. But you can paint them now. Fabric paints are very cheap and permanent and there are acramine colours ,oil paints , glittery colours named as twinkle star for this purpose. And finally there are paints for walls they are much durable than any thing and have good finishing.One more thing if you have made pots by this method then also try to make with plaster of paris.Its easy and looks beautiful.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:42 am

thanks Autumn for your suggestions i will definitely try it.
regarding Plaster of paris pots; will they resist against the water and moisture for long time?
Back to top Go down
autumn

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:03 pm

plaster of paris itself is weak and delicate but If we add white cement or ceramic into the mixture perhaps they live longer. I have made flowers with starch(used for cotton dresses) and glue they are very hard and strong.And ceramic is used for the same purpose so it can be added to make it water resistance.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:47 pm

thanks autumn.
will you try to make a pot of plaster and cement to check its strength if you feel comfort and have time.
i will upload the pics of my paper pots,they are good so far but dont looks neat.
Back to top Go down
autumn

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm

I put my palster of paris statue in a plants and it gets wet during watering and its good as before perhaps cause of the layer of paint. i do not grow any plant in it i m planning to do so.well actually i m quite busy i have a lot of other things to do. I m an interior designer + fashion and textile designer and alot of other hobbies. I will try to make a pot with ceramic and plaster of paris when i got time.Oh please you must upload your paper pots pictures i would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Oh Sorry if i demanded more !
please try when you have time.meanwhile i will try to have one.
i will upload pics when have a new camera,my camera dropped in water while taking pics of hunting.on other side my blackberry's camera is also malfunctioning.... just pray so i can have a good camera again.
i have planted some plants in my paper pots to check their durability,though they are not ready to pot in proper bonsai pots,will update after some checks.
Back to top Go down
autumn

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Wow i want to see your hunting pictures. Let me tell you there was a moniter lizard and a silver cobra as my servant told me was found in my date palm. I will show you there pictures.Inshallah your paper pots will survive because when i was a kid my my sister(fine arts student) makes a plate with paper and hard paper
by dipping it into water then crushed and i do not properly remember but i know it was very hard plate and lives many years. please show us your pots pictures.And if you do not painted yet you can decorate them with mosaic style. Take small pebbles or broken pieces of coloured glass and stuck around the pot. It will protect the pots outer suface.
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 am

Dear Admin Admin I soak the paper in water for 1 week how much time it required and what is fine polypropylene fibers? and what is the ratio of cement in paper?
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm

i soaked the paper for one month and then blended it with kitchen blender.
cement was one third or 33 %.
dont know exact about poly.....but since they are for the strength of pot you can use poly fiber which is used in quilts.... just cut their 1-1/2 inch piece and mix it.but remember when you are using poly fiber then mix well in the mixer.
Back to top Go down
Khaimraj

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 am

Pak,

on our side in the caribbean, we use just a simple cement to sharp sand mix and colour with pigments used for tile grouting.

Moulds are plastic icecream containers, which gives soft rectangles. They are cast / poured.

We also use the boxes that the grapes from away are imported in, and or, just make wooden boxes out of scrap wood.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:05 pm

i will try to make cement pots.... and wooden box is very good for training the bonsai.
Back to top Go down
Khaimraj

PostSubject: Re: "Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai   Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Pak here is a simple cement / sharp sand / colour from tile grout growing pot.

Mould was a simple plastic ice cream container.

I will see if I can get my friend to send a few more images of concrete pots.

You can also grow Japanese black pines in Pakistan -- this one is from seed.

Germinated 12/13 February 1998 - 12 years old - no work done yet, still learning how to grow.

Note- the new child born this year, from seed. Black pine is very, very, very easy from seed.

Have any friends going to the US, buy seeds from Bonsai Boy of Brooklyn, also on-line - Amazon.com ------------------ they do not ship out of the US.
Khaimraj

Height - 28 cm trunk almost 4 cm
Back to top Go down

"Paper" Traing Pots for Bonsai

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next