Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my baby jade bonsai

Go down 
+6
Gnome
imran
sajid
Hamid
rashid
pak bonsai
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

my baby jade bonsai Empty
PostSubject: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

hi,
here is one of mine Jade bonsai under training.
jades are very easy to train as bonsai,but its much difficult to wire them as they are very delicate.
comments will be welcomed.
my baby jade bonsai IMG00423

my baby jade bonsai IMG00424

my baby jade bonsai IMG00426

thanks.

Last edited by pak bonsai on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:58 am

very good tree is this .
pak bonsai what is its urdu name and what style is this ?
Back to top Go down
rashid

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:04 am

thats very good start.
is this simple upright style?
and what type of soil you have used for it,as i have been watching woods and barks in it ?
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:11 am

thanks guys for comments.
@ punjabi it is jade and known also as jade some say it"karachi booti"
@rashid : actually i have tried to shape it as windswept style as it is under training it will look nice after a time.
and about soil i have used these things:
1-40 % brick shred
2-40% compost
3-10 % tree bark
4-10% dead woods
and last two i have used for topping the soil they give nice look and also maintain moisture in soil plus retain fertilizers and release them gradually.
Back to top Go down
Hamid

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Pak bonsai, thats nice. How much time did you take to make it. Its an achievement. You could have done better by placing the camera parallel to the pot and taking the picture from a distance.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 pm

hamid thanks for response.
i have planted this jade about 8 years ago by cutting of pencil size thickness,now it has good thick trunk.
it took 2 hours to give it the shape of bonsai,you know cutting pruning and re-potting.
i will take new shots for you.
Back to top Go down
sajid

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 pm

pak bonsai,very good plant,i want to make for me can you help me personally.i have PM you my number and address please reply
Back to top Go down
imran

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 pm

this is nice tree.
looks good.
and hamid has suggested good idea about photography.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 am

last night my jade has fallen due to some "job" by a cat...in the morning i saw it laid down in the pot.i have fixed it and gave it support of two stones and wire...lets see what happen now... i will post its fresh pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

here is the update..
as i have not wired it the branches have fallen down..
waiting to get a good growth then i will restyle it.

my baby jade bonsai IMG00111

my baby jade bonsai IMG00111

my baby jade bonsai IMG00109

my baby jade bonsai IMG00108

my baby jade bonsai IMG00107
Back to top Go down
Gnome
Gnome

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

pak bonsai,

Hello again. I wanted to let you know that I like the direction this tree has taken since the mishap. Perhaps the Cat has inadvertently done you a favor. You may be interested in knowing that this plant is properly called 'Portulacaria' although one of the common names is indeed 'Baby Jade' They are closely related to full sized Jades and their culture is similar.

One minor difference that I have noted is that these do well with more frequent watering than their full sized cousins. Still, they are drought tolerant and should not be watered until the soil has dried thoroughly, I just don't wait as long as before watering as I do with true Jades.

Also, this plant can be pruned hard and the cuttings are easily rooted. Soon you will have enough to start a group planting if you wish. Once you get a few more to experiment with you will find that you can grow them fast and cut them back hard.

Norm
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 11:34 am

thanks gnome for your correction of the plant.
i am pleased to know that you liked the tree.i have planted some cuttings of this plants and they have got roots,i will transfer them in pots in march for proper growth to start a group planting.thanks for tips on watering it.
regards
Back to top Go down
autumn

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:02 am

is this plant called the "choona choos" as my gardener has told me or that is different?
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Pak Bonsai,

Last month, we had a 'norwester' storm for half an hour or so, and 3 of my bonsai fell of the steel rack on the roof terrace! The pots were broken, branches and twigs were mutilated....

One of them was a Jade, Portulacaria afra, and I had to repot the tree in an oversized pot that was handy. So I thought of posting 2 pics in this thread related to Jade tree..... but unfortunately I could not attach the files or upload the pics.

Will mail the pics to you separately maybe....

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 am

Shaukat sorry to hear about this accident, i can feel your feelings about your tree.
hope it will do best after re-poting.
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks for your kind words.....
But can you pls advise how to post images? Would be grateful if you inform your email ID so that I can send the pics...

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Majed,

After your reply on how to post pics, I could finally post the pics of my jade under a new thread.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 am

Greetings...!

How is your baby jade doing? By now, you must have had enough foliage and branches to decide upon the styling it.
Would be good if you can share the current pics.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:37 pm

thanks Shaukat,
jade is doing well now.i have decided not to cut prone or style it for couple of years, i will post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:17 pm

But jades are fast growers, and your last pics suggets the tree is growing fine with lot of healthy branches.
But you can at least shorten the branches that you would like to keep. That would at least make the trunk thicker. Pls post some pics soon.

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm

my baby jade bonsai Pictur16
my baby jade bonsai Pictur17
i have cut back branches to encourage back budding and thinkken the trunk.
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

here is the update.
my baby jade bonsai IMG_7229

my baby jade bonsai IMG_7230

my baby jade bonsai IMG_7232
Back to top Go down
Shaukat

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Majed, nice development..... I'm sure by next summer, this would become a presentable shohin bonsai. BTW, what is the height of the plant?

Shaukat
Back to top Go down
Khaimraj

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Pak,

do you have an image of what you want this shrub to grow into?

I found it is better to draw an image to help remind me of where I want to go.

With this shrub it is best to grow for a trunk and surface roots first and then add on the branches.

Plus, you can practice all the techniques on the cast away clippings.
Doing nicely thus far.
Khaimraj

*growing much faster and better than my own - chuckle.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:08 pm

I agree with Khaimraj... sketching really gives you a clear picture of what you want the tree to grow into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my baby jade bonsai   my baby jade bonsai Empty

Back to top Go down

my baby jade bonsai
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next