Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vakas

Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves Empty
PostSubject: Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves   Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 am

I am new to Bonsai 4 days ago i bought a ficus bonsai soon after i brought it home its leaves start defoliating (shedding) i dont know whats wrong and i m worried, can anyone help me out and suggest me a solution ?
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves   Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Is the soil too dense? Do you water it too much (if the soil was more porous then watering too much should not be an issue)?

Ficus species (especially benjamina) tends to be sensitive to changes in light intensity and so as a reaction it looses some leaves. If that is the case then your tree should bounce back growing more leaves.
Back to top Go down

Ficus bonsai is shedding its green leaves
Page 1 of 1