Pak Bonsai Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak Bonsai Forum.

Bonsai forum in Pakistan.how to make a bonsai,how to care for bonsai,lets talk about bonsai.how to create a bonsai,soil,pots,watering,pruning,cutting,styling.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Empty
PostSubject: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am

AOA
How to grow bonsai moss in Karachi?
Some thing like these
how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? 789031150_uDbUj-S
how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Moss-04
how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Moss
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm

That's a tough question. I believe most moss species prefer cold winters (Abbotabad might work).

Do some research on Google and see if you find something for sub-tropical areas.

- Aman
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:40 am

you need humidity and relatively cold atmosphere to grow the moss.
i have tried many times to grow but failed. may be Karachi climate can help you.
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

amanHussain wrote:
That's a tough question. I believe most moss species prefer cold winters (Abbotabad might work).

Do some research on Google and see if you find something for sub-tropical areas.

- Aman

Karachi is not in sub-tropical areas:
Pakistan: Islamabad, Peshawar, Muzaffarabad, Quetta, Mardan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtropics
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks iskhan. According to your wikipedia link it seems like Khi is just below the sub-tropical area, or maybe a portion of it is in the sub-tropical area (hard to tell from the yellow highlighted region of the map).

- AH
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 am

Aman
Following moss plants are grow in sub-tropical area:
Spanish moss,Peat moss,sphagnum moss
I can't find any of them.
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Here is something you can try. Get Moss Spores from eBay (if you are willing to pay around $5 to $10) and grow them in a cool and shady place. Try to keep them fairly moist.

Below is a link to one of the Moss Spore packets from eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Bonsai-Tree-Kyoto-Moss-Spores-Joshua-Roth-6356-/350580419676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a038ac5c

Note: Only go this route if you are willing to pay something for an experiment. I can't gaurantee you that they will grow in Khi.

- AH
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:23 pm

iskhan wrote:
Following moss plants are grow in sub-tropical area:
Spanish moss,Peat moss,sphagnum moss

Hi iskhan,
Spanish and Sphagnum moss are not the soft velvety and short kind that you are looking for. It is very course and long. And it is very rare to find fresh live peat moss, and I am not sure how to propagate them.

- AH
Back to top Go down
iskhan
seedling bonsai
iskhan

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Aman

Do you have any solution?
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm

One option as I listed in my previous post above is to buy moss spores from eBay.

Another suggestion is that when you travel to cooler, wetter places like Murree and you wander around the wilderness on hillsides... you can find some moss growing on the base of the trees or a cooler portion of the ground. gently scoop them in patches with some soil and place it in a plastic bag with very little water in it.

- AH
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm

please check the link for cultivation and growing moss here
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:14 pm

guys i have some moss grown in my factory back yard and its beautiful, i was thinking how to display it. tell you what im not only in love with art of bonsai but also how to display it properly with landscaping, suiseki and accent plants.
before showing you my moss let me tell you one thing that moss loves misty,cool and shady places. watering it heavily with water pipe on a fix schedual may not be a good idea, spraying water is better. just keep the soil damp and do not let it dry or moss will die sooner because moss is a fragile specie!
how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? IMAG0707
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Cheetos,

That small rock is beautiful. It will make an amazing suiseki if you can make it stand vertically by grinding the base flat.

That is good advice on growing moss too.

- Aman
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 am

thanks Aman, i like ur advice too for making rock base flat so it will stick to the major piece forever hopefully!
i have realised this forum is all dead :/
im glad atleast you can talk Smile
well heres a new picture i have taken yesterday showing atleast 4 different kinds of moss that has grown over naturally in my seedling trays! lately i can use them to display over soil of my bonsai Smile)
[img]how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Imag0715[/img]
[img]how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Imag0718[/img]
[img]how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Imag0719[/img]

Good luck with moss fellows Smile
Back to top Go down
amanHussain
amanHussain

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Can you tell me what the seedlings are? I can recognize the juniper and some ficus which are bth excellent candidates for bonsai.

The below youtube links will show you how some high quality Tokoname pots are made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5LrKyeZJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg--RYfWnjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjBTtIXVuMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9C-hv2fBJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6KruCeiQA

- Aman
Back to top Go down
pak bonsai
Admin
pak bonsai

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:48 pm

its ficus and juniper cuttings. as i already shared I tried many time to grow moss but failed. But it grows itself in may clay pots itself. when i transferred it to other pots it died again. Is it amazing, i wonder at what point I am doing wrong. by the way Cheetos you have good rock.
Back to top Go down
Cheetos

Cheetos

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 am

these are mainly ficus species + juniper + durranta
link are quite helping....thanx Aman

Back to top Go down
UmairKhalid

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Is there any place where i can buy juniper seeds?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?   how to grow bonsai moss in karachi? Empty

Back to top Go down

how to grow bonsai moss in karachi?
Page 1 of 1